We decided to surprise Justin's family for Christmas. At first no one but his aunt had any clue what was going on. But after some complications, the word spread to his grandma and uncle, and we told his mom we were coming out a week later than we really were. We flew out Sunday morning, and his aunt and uncle picked us up and took us to Gramma's house, where everyone congregates on Sunday (and almost every day, for that matter). The look on his mom's face was priceless. His dad came later, and that was even funnier.
Monday we went to Gramma's again and played with the Wii, a first for me. I'm not really into video games, but it was fun and I got to spend time with family members I rarely see. Then we went outside to sled. It was so much fun to be in the snow again! The weather here is not bad yet; it's similar to Utah's winter weather right now. I did have to bundle up a lot, though, and it reminded me of A Christmas Story, as much as I hate that movie. Even so, I still managed to get snow down my shirt by sledding forward on my tummy.
Today we went shopping (because everyone else procrastinated, jk) and then back to Gramma's. We helped her with the second stage of making white corn bread from scratch, and I mean from scratch! It's a three-day process: 1) partially boil dried corn kernels, 2) grind the corn and sift the flour, and 3) cook the bread. It's hard work but fun. I love Justin's heritage!


We had an early Christmas before we left for Wisconsin so we wouldn't have to pack presents. I got Justin a camera tripod so he can record and analyze his golf swing, the movies Elf and Invincible, a $5 gift card to Jack-in-the-box, and a weekly planner. He got me eucalyptus spearmint hand cream and hand soap from Bath & Body Works (I never believed in aromatherapy until I smelled eucalyptus spearmint! mmmmmmm), the dress I wrote about two posts ago, and a hair straightener. So far this Christmas has been great!
We had an early Christmas before we left for Wisconsin so we wouldn't have to pack presents. I got Justin a camera tripod so he can record and analyze his golf swing, the movies Elf and Invincible, a $5 gift card to Jack-in-the-box, and a weekly planner. He got me eucalyptus spearmint hand cream and hand soap from Bath & Body Works (I never believed in aromatherapy until I smelled eucalyptus spearmint! mmmmmmm), the dress I wrote about two posts ago, and a hair straightener. So far this Christmas has been great!
For more photos, click here.

2 comments:
awww, it sounds like a wonderful Christmas. Lots of joy in surprising a loved one for a special event, huh?
WOW!! That's a pretty huge surprise (even if they did know you were coming soon). I would think they would be ecstatic.
you guys are great and the gifts were neat
DAD
Post a Comment