Saturday, December 5, 2009

Rotten Luck

Today I tried having another yard sale. I had two customers, one who bought laundry detergent for $5 (a dollar short of covering the cost of poster paper and price stickers) and one who was looking for something specific.

I tried my best. Our ward is against any soliciting of any kind, so I could not spread the word to the women. And the location of my house is terrible. My neighbor (the second customer) informed me she saw some people drive by the front. I didn't think of putting a sign there because all the traffic is in the back, where the yard sale is set up. I put a sign saying to go to the back, but no one else came. Only one family was out walking, and although they passed by twice, they didn't come look. Plus the weather was freezing! It was beautiful the entire week except for today--of course.

I'm going to keep some items, donate others, and try to sell the rest on Craigslist. Wish me better luck!

4 comments:

J&J said...

Good luck Francesca!

Mrs. Sanchez said...

That stinks. We used to do neighborhood garage sales as a kid that were a lot of fun, but location really seems to matter and weather. Poor Cheski.

I only do Craigslist now. I wish you LOTS of luck!!! ::fingers crossed:: it will go a lot better.

Anonymous said...

Caruso curse followed you
DAD

Anonymous said...

Caruso curse followed you
DAD