
For this Thanksgiving, my family drove to our house. They came in early Thursday morning. My little sister helped me cook everything while Mom made the turkey. Justin invited his golf buddy over, so in all there were 7 of us, probably our smallest gathering since we were little. We stuffed ourselves silly, actually being able to eat together at the table since the Lyles (my brother's family) weren't there. Then we did our family tradition (the Turkey Wobble), played Loaded Questions (thanks, Francine!) and died laughing, ate pumpkin pie and pineapple, and watched Night at the Museum. It was a relatively quiet but very fun Thanksgiving.
The next day I had work, so my family just chilled while Justin did homework. That evening we posted yard sale signs, walking for a total of an hour. I took my mom to Goodwill and then we came home to eat leftovers and watch Enchanted. My mother also got Justin to finally put up some pictures, and a shelf the next day! I found the ballroom one for $15 at Goodwill months ago. We bought the shelf at IKEA in May and I decided to put all our Japanese stuff on it. There are other things we put up, but I didn't take a picture of them all.

Saturday morning we attempted a garage sale, but the very windy, chilly weather and my lack of proper advertising made us cancel it after an hour. I am trying again this Saturday if the weather permits. We put up the tree while Justin and Stevie played Stratego, a treat for Justin since I refuse to play. Then we made turkey soup and muffins while the boys played Risk. After dinner we exchanged Christmas gifts. My mom got Justin two golf books and me shirts, jewelry, stationery, and 3 more things to put around the house. Then came the goodbyes. As much as my family drives me crazy, I cried when they left.

3 comments:
It sounds like a lot of fun!! Thanksgiving AND an early Christmas.
Sorry your garage sale didn't work out, sometimes it happens like that.
Your brother and Justin would probably like a game I played with Tammy called Settlers. LOVE YOU GIRL!
I love getting comments so it doesn't matter what you say! You are pretty much my only commenter so please don't stop! And she is cute :) Sounds like you had a fun Thanksgiving! I love that Turkey picture - so classic.
I am glad I drove even though feeling ill - it was worth it and I would do it again and again- even though I wasn't mentioned in the post
DAD
Post a Comment