Thursday, December 17, 2009

Christmas Activities

A little update on what we've been doing in December:

1. We went to the mall a couple weeks ago, and I got an early Christmas present. There was this dress at Romy that I'd been eyeing for months. My mother-in-law offered to buy it for me last month, but I turned her down since it wasn't a need and she had already helped us out so much. When Justin and I went, I decided to see if the dress was still there to show Justin something I wanted for Christmas. It was on sale for $7.99! Definitely a tender mercy. Of course, I bought it.


We also saw these cute puppies spooning together! Awwww! And I got my engagement ring fixed for free. We went to that same jewelry repair shop a few weeks ago and got completely ignored. I decided we should try again. I asked the guy how much it would cost to get my ring fixed: it's had a loose prong for a long time. Another jewelry store had told me $15 and a week. This guy took it from me and got it fixed in a few minutes for free! Another tender mercy.


2. Our ward had a Christmas party last Saturday. We had a huge potluck dinner with lots of great food that went fast. Our bishop compared and contrasted Santa and Christ, the Primary kids sang some songs that few people listened to (I was a little upset), and then we left when Santa was coming. During the dinner, we sat by a family that is investigating the Church. They are moving, so I hope they like their new ward and get baptized.

3. The next day our stake had a community Christmas concert at the stake center. I was unaware of how they selected the musicians, because if I had known of auditions or requests, I would have done a flute duet or something. It was a beautiful, reverent concert. It made me miss the huge one my home stake does every year at the Escondido Center for the Arts. I did a flute trio for that when I was 17.

4. On Monday we saw the Christmas lights at the Mesa Temple for FHE. It was wonderful!







We went inside the Visitor's Center and watched a short video of Christ's birth, saw an International Nativity Display, and watched all the new Church commercials. The nativity scenes were so ornate! There is such talent and beauty in every culture.




For more pictures, click here.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your new dress! It is a-dorable! Looks like you guys have been having fun! And I love the Christmas activities - Doesn't it make a huge difference to get in the Christmas spirit?

Mrs. Sanchez said...

Cheski, your dress is absolutely beautiful!!! I love it with the cardigan and pearls too. Perfect!!

The Christmas/Santa sermon sounds really interesting.

I saw your pictures of the different nativities on Facebook and it actually reminded me of the Chapel of the Holy Cross in Sedona by Frank Lloyd Wright (they had a lot of nativity scenes their too).

I am glad you are having a good Christmas girl and we will chat soon.

Lissy said...

Sounds like you guys know how to do Christmas! Nice pictures! :)