On the 23rd, we ate the corn bread (see previous post) and went out to dinner at Koreana, everyone's favorite Korean restaurant. Afterward, Adam, Justin, Jordan, and I watched Lion King 1 1/2. Such a funny movie! A family (the woman who did our wedding invitations) came over caroling and gave us really yummy cookies.
On the 24th, Mom made breakfast, and Justin, Jordan, and I watched Brother Bear. It was better than I remembered. Justin loves it because of the Canadian moose brothers. After the movie, I helped Mom and Aunty Laura wrap presents and then baked with Mom while the boys shoveled snow. They do so much baking here: chocolate-covered peanuts, sugar cookies, peanut butter cookies with Hershey kisses, Christmas hollies, sandies, chocolate balls, white-chocolate-covered popcorn, and divinity. We had bratwurst (first time for me--they were really fatty but very tasty!) at Gramma's. At home, we all watched an uplifting movie called The Christmas Shoes, during which the elders doorbell ditched us leaving cookies. The Larkins--Aunty Laura's family--and Keilani opened their Christmas pajamas before bed.
On Christmas day, Keilani woke us up at about 7. Everyone opened up presents at the same time, so it was a madhouse! Justin got candy and hot sauce in his stocking, a golf course GPS, and a pull-up bar from Mom and Dad and golf balls from Adam. I got candy and a little bottle of maple syrup in my stocking, a big jug of maple syrup (I hate the fake stuff but we can't afford the real stuff), a book binder/laminator, a cricut, and eucalyptus spearmint shampoo and conditioner from Mom and Dad. They also got us a framed set of the U.S. state quarters.
Then we headed to Gramma's for Uncle Kerry's omelets and more presents. Gramma gave Justin a bear ornament and me a pig one and both of us matching Aeropostale t-shirts and money. I also got a pig candy dispenser that oinks. Aunty Linn and Uncle Lee gave us cookies and the George Foreman Lean Mean Grilling Machine. Uncle Kevin and his family gave us money. The Larkins also gave us money, the amount being such a huge blessing that I was at first completely speechless and then broke down in tears.
The rest of the day was spent in nonstop eating and hanging out. I read the December Ensign and tried taking several small naps. I was so tired and had a headache all day! Later we visited Justin's grandpa, who gave us a restaurant gift card. Afterward we went to a short, simple wedding and then ended the day with Alvin and the Chipmunks.
Today I just chilled; I slept in really late because I didn't sleep very well last night, or all week for that matter. I got to talk to the Lyles family and my grandma. Justin, Keilani, and I saw the Chipmunk Squeakquel; it was really cute. Theodore and Eleanor are my favorite. It's been a pretty laid back day recovering from Christmas.

2 comments:
That's so fun that you surprised his family for Christmas! Glad you guys had such a fun time!
you sure got lots of gifts- remember my lean mean machine?
DAD
Post a Comment