Today I am halfway done with my pregnancy! Woohoo! Nine months is a long time, so I'm a little surprised the first half went by quickly. (Ok, so it didn't feel like it when I was puking my guts out every day.) Next thing you know, I'll be holding a cute little baby in my arms! We find out if it's a boy or girl on the 19th.
At my last appointment we heard the heartbeat again and I felt my uterus. I'm showing, but not distinctly--meaning I look more fat than pregnant. My inner thighs are packing and I'm soft everywhere since I have not exercised in months. I'm going to start walking in the mornings (maybe evenings because it's cooler and quieter) and building up my arm muscles again.
Morning sickness is completely gone; it lasted for four months. For a while I woke up with bad headaches every morning, but that has since subsided as well. Now I'm just tired 24/7 and I can't sleep at night or nap during the day.
Food is not so bad anymore and my appetite has increased. I recently moved on to instant mashed potatoes and peas, scrambled eggs and toast, ramen, and canned pears. I still don't like to cook, obviously, but if something is put in front of me, I'll eat it.
This past week my mom has been here and has cooked for me, so things have changed a bit. I've been eating a lot and enjoying it. I think what I eat makes a difference in how I sleep as well. I have been sleeping great ever since my mom got here (minus when they arrived the first night at 2 a.m.), even with Justin's snoring. I'm going to eat healthier now and still drink more water!
Thursday, April 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
uh...prego pics please!!! :)
-Gretchen
So glad to hear things are looking up! Yay for your mom - mom's are the best! My advice: Do whatever you can to get sleep because it will get harder and you will need as much as you can get before the baby comes. Congratulations on passing the halfway mark! I'm so excited to find out if it's a boy or girl!
Wow! That first half did fly by! I'm glad your morning sickness is gone. I CANNOT wait to find out if you guys are having a boy or a girl. Really I can't! :)
Yay Cheski! You seem just renewed in so many aspects.
Well, we are cheering you on over here in Pasadena.
YOU can do it!!! And seriously, half way is so close, you are almost there!!
wonderful to see you and sorry you are back to no sleep-DAD
Post a Comment