"You are insane! You don't even give movie a chance! I cannot believe you are so judgmental. What movies do you like? Cinderella? O no, probably not because the girl gives up her life for the guy. Maybe The Princess and the Frog? O no, because the girl turns into an ugly amphibian. Did you want Drew (in the Wedding Singer) to stay with the jerk who was cheating on her? And how can you not like an American Classic like Ferris Bueller?! It blows my mind. Maybe you don't like Breakfast Club either. Or Sixteen Candles. John Hughs movies all have the same basic message. I will hold my tongue for the rest of the classic and amazing movies you completely dissed for no apparent reason. Naive idiot."
I have never received something like that before, not even on my Mormon Light blog, which I would think would inspire more negativity from opposing people. I didn't think someone would find my personal blog so offensive. I am not upset that they disagree; they can have an opinion too. I am upset with their stupidity! This anonymous person, who didn't even have the courage to claim their own words, needs a lesson in logical arguments and respect.
- I'm judgmental because I have a personal opinion? Who says everyone has to like the same movies or like them for the same reasons? Furthermore, I even ended the post apologizing if I offended anyone or their tastes. X is demonstrating the same characteristics they are accusing me of!
- I admit I don't like the story of Cinderella, but not for the reason they suggested: because the girl gives up her life for the guy. Right. I obviously don't believe in that since I got married and started a family instead of serving a mission or studying abroad. I don't like Cinderella because I think she's a wimp: if anyone tried ordering me around like that, I'd slap them upside the head! And in previous posts I shared I liked The Princess and the Frog and saw it twice! And I think frogs are cute (Justin doesn't). Obviously this person doesn't know me or read my blog. Also, I never said a woman should stay with a bad guy. I was simply referring to a general movie plot I don't care for.
- After making fun of my reasons, X claimed I apparently had no reasons! Just because X disagrees with my reasons doesn't mean I didn't have any.
p.s. If I receive more comments like this one, I may moderate them or go private.

7 comments:
Oh my gosh. What a jerk! I bet that person has a ton of movies they hate too, so they're probably just a hypocrite. Sorry you had to deal with that! You don't deserve it!
wow i cannot believe someone would spend their time writing something like that and as you said it is your personal blog and you're right it isn't being "judgmental" it's having an opinion which X obviously doesn't understand the difference. Love you! :)
Oh my gosh! Is that for real? Like someone looks at random people's blogs and comments in such a rude manner? AND it's one thing to be passionate about
opinions - but for goodness sakes you were talking about MOVIES! Not politics or religion or all the other sensitive topics that brings the best out of people (note my sarcasm). It almost makes me want to laugh at how worked up they got over movie reviews, but I'm too creeped out by the randomness! Good for you for taking it better than I would! I admire that!
Well it goes to show you that people want to make others unhappy. My personal reasons for not watching a movie or just not liking it are my own. I dont like certain movies my friends like and vise versa.
X has WAY too much time on her hands. She is probably jealous that you have a brain that functions because she obviously does not. You keep doing your thing, amiga! Tell 'em how it is ;) Love you!
My favorite is how X misspelled things, like "o no". At least if you're going to comment on a random person's blog, spell things correctly!
Wow girl! First let me tell you that I'm so sorry about the rude, anonymous comment. Isn't that so sad that others can not just enjoy each others differences? Second, I LOVE your blog! Just found it through Nikki's blog which I just found too =) Yeah! I'm also happy that I can still keep in touch with you since I'm no longer your visiting teacher(so SAD!) and I'm moving out of the ward. You are awesome! Keep up the good attitude and I'm glad you've stayed public ;)
Post a Comment