Monday, April 12, 2010

Maybe Baby?

I think I felt the baby last night. I was already awake around 2 a.m. and suddenly felt a tapping to the right of my belly button. It didn't feel like any normal feeling, and I even made sure it wasn't my pulse. I put my hand on my tummy for a couple minutes, trying hard to focus on the small kicks. Finally convinced, I woke up Justin, but the baby stopped moving, so he didn't feel anything. I haven't felt it again yet.

How did you know when you felt your baby's movements for the first time?

7 comments:

Brenden+Nikki said...

Well I already told you how I felt Collin for the first time so I'd just have to say that from my experience when you first wonder if you've felt the baby, you have. At first you question it, but then in hindsight you'll know for sure that's what it was. YAY. I'm so so excited for ya! I hope you can get Justin to feel baby too soon. Have him talk to your belly. That always got Collin going. Every time Brenden would talk to my belly Collin would get really excited and move every time. And then watch Justin's face. That's the best part...seeing Daddy's face the first time he feels his baby. awwwww.......

Mrs. Sanchez said...

ahhh!!! How exciting!!! ok, now I'm going to read your other comment and wait for me to see if it was really baby. SO Exciting!!!

Anonymous said...

that sounds sooo exciting! yayy!

Anonymous said...

you will feel quite a few more coming soon-DAD

Mary Killion said...

I think you just described it, my friend! Sometimes it feels like butterflies in your stomach too. Wait until Baby gets bigger--than you won't question yourself! Flips, somersaults, headstands galore--it's gymnastics in there!!

Amy said...

So exciting! Yep I remember when I first felt Cameron move--I questioned it, but looking back, I knew that's what it was after I had felt him more and more!!

Julie said...

I have to agree with all these other ladies...you'll definitely look back and know it was your baby moving! When I first felt Scarlett move it felt like a gold fish. As she got bigger, it was more discernable and then eventually you'll see a foot move across your belly! So fun! I can't wait to find out if it's a boy or girl!!