My former visiting teachers were great. Sara made us a full-course dinner one Sunday night out of the blue. And it was delicious! Nikki and I are definitely friends now. Plus, I absolutely adore her baby.
Ashley (VT companion) got me a little Easter basket. It was so cute! I enjoy talking to her. I feel we click in a special way I don't with other women because we are the same age. Yeah, that doesn't really make a huge difference in friendship, but it's nice to have someone else in the same stage of life as I am. My other friends are all older than me. That happens to me often. Like my mom, I get along with older people, because, generally speaking, I act more mature than my age. In fact, the compliment of the year was from Cherise, who thought I was close to her age.
Speaking of Cherise, she is one awesome buddy. She has taken me under her wing as my doula. She invites me over often for company and healthy meals. She takes care of me without babying me, meaning, she pushes me to do what I need to do, as a true friend should. For example, one Sunday she dragged me out of the house for a walk with her and her daughter to their garden. A couple weeks ago, she invited me last minute to attend the temple with her. I almost didn't go; I'm glad I did. Yesterday, we went on a double date to Jamba Juice and then my house for Imaginiff. Our husbands get along great; they are so much alike!
Another sister in the ward told Justin she wanted to get to know me better and gave him her number to give to me. She has a cute baby girl and she makes the best coconut cake! We haven't done anything together yet.

3 comments:
:) I need to be that friend, too! I've been bored and anonymous for too long. Thanks for inspiring me, I always love to see what you are up to.
HA HA YAY!! It's official! I'm your friend! :) ha ha totally kidding (I mean the part about giving you a hard time, not the part about being your friend.) So I was just thinking....3 more days! 3 DAYS and we'll know what you're having. I hope this doesn't weird you out but I'm really excited and counting down the days!
You have been and will still be the best friend many people will ever have -DAD
Post a Comment