Saturday, April 10, 2010

Woman at the Well

I am on a spiritual high from drinking from the gospel well:
  • General Conference: Amazing! I love Conference so much for the Spirit and motivation it brings.
  • Personal scripture study: I've gotten back into the habit almost daily and am learning a lot from the wars in Alma about fighting spiritual enemies.
  • Family scripture study: While my family was here, we sang a hymn and had a spiritual thought every night.
  • Family Home Evening: My little sister gave an excellent lesson on the Holy Ghost and truth.
  • Priesthood blessing: My husband gave me a blessing of comfort. Read about it on my Mormon Light blog.
  • Music: Whenever I work on my Mormon Light blog (which is a lot right now due to my spiritual high and my family being gone), I listen to my playlist of MoTab, hymns, Primary songs, and instrumental arrangements. Beautiful music brings the Spirit to my heart and home.
  • Patriarchal blessing: I reread my blessing today and was dismayed that I had forgotten so much of the counsel and promises found in it. I need to read it more often.

This past week has reminded me of how important it is to do the small and simple things to keep up my spirituality. It isn't always sin that gets in the way; my recent time-wasting has diminished my enthusiasm for the gospel. I want it back, as I had my freshman year at BYU because of the constant spiritual opportunities and surroundings. I want to be the woman at the well again!

Hmmm, I'm sensing another post for my Mormon Light blog!

3 comments:

Sonja said...

Nice thoughts, Francesca. Glad you are feeling better, finally. You are due just about a month after Jamie, so there will be 3 Nishimoto greatgrandchildren born in just a short time. Hope the rest of the time is much easier for you.

Brenden+Nikki said...

You are such a wonderful person and such a blessing in my life because of your example!! You're going to be a wonderful mommy!! :)

And good for you for getting something personal out of the wars in Alma. It's always been a challenge for me to pay attention at those parts because I never feel like I can relate to them. I'll have to try harder! :)

Anonymous said...

you are a pearl of great price-DAD