Friday, April 23, 2010

First Maternity Clothes

Justin's dad and brother were here for a few days visiting, and as usual, we went shopping. My father-in-law wanted to buy me a maternity dress, but I told him I really needed a bathing suit and shorts. My dresses and shirts still fit for now, and pants are unnecessary in this weather. But I only have one pair of shorts that fit me and I need a new bathing suit so I can swim all summer for exercise and to keep cool.

Well, I hate swimsuit shopping and I didn't expect anything. We went to Motherhood Maternity, recommended by another pregnant friend, and struck gold. The very first bathing suit I tried on I fell in love with! That never happens! I wish they made one just like it in regular sizes. It's super cute and modest, and the color looks great with my skin tone. And it was only $35 for the top and bottom! I wish regular bathing suits were as well priced. I can't wait to go swimming in it!

I also got a pair of shorts and wore them the other day. They are really comfortable and cool (too bad that day was really cool too--I froze from the wind!). I'm going to wait until I'm really big before I buy more clothes.
 
I highly recommend Motherhood Maternity. They have cute stuff at reasonable prices (not cheap, but not more expensive than any normal store), and the service I got was excellent. The lady was super helpful and nice.

6 comments:

Lissy said...

Very cute suit! I bet that color would look great on you. I loved the nursing tops my awesome sister-in-law got me from Motherhood. Still discreet when your kid won't deal with a blanket over the head, and cute too.

Anonymous said...

Francesca,

Wow! How pregnancy has changed your looks. I didn't recognize you in your new bathing suit!

I've brought clothing there too and had the same experience.
Mom

Mary Killion said...

LOVE the bathing suit! Beautiful color :)
I don't know if they have any in AZ, but if you find a store called Kid-to-Kid (it's a consignment store), they usually always have a maternity section and I've gotten Motherhood Maternity things there for very cheap!

Anonymous said...

I am a big fan of loose maternity clothes that lessen the curvature of everything -DAD

Beardalls said...

I love your swimming suit it is so cute. I loved Motherhood for both my pregnancies. The clothes are cute and comfy. I don't know about the service in the Orem mall. :) I went there two days after I had Tristan to get a postpartum belt- which is so wonderful and you should get one for after the baby- any way I was holding my newborn baby and the girl at the counter asked if I was pregnant again. I was so insulted. By the way after the baby you still look six months pregnant for the first two weeks or so. :)

Anonymous said...

Adorable suit!