Saturday, January 14, 2012

Caden's First Movie

Yesterday on a whim we decided to go the movies--with Caden. Last time we tried that was for Justin's birthday, and Caden and I spent almost the whole time in the hallway. This time we thought he might be more interested, at least in the popcorn (one of his favorite foods) if not the movie. We picked Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked, because we liked the first two and it was very kid friendly. Caden sat in a booster seat between us with a box full of popcorn. The movie started and he was mesmerized. The screen was so big! And he went to town with the popcorn. He'd grab a fistful, stick it all in his mouth, including his fist, and then repeat. (Let me tell ya, his diaper this morning was extra gross!) He did well for most of the movie. Towards the end he was a little antsy, but he stayed quiet and manageable. It was really fun! I am so glad we found a new family activity, because Justin and I really miss going to the movies. However, we can only see kid films with Caden. Still, dollar theater, here we come!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

love you guys and love little popcorn buddy-DAD

Mrs. Sanchez said...

Yay! I know you two have always enjoyed the movies. How fun that the first one with Caden was such a success. That's so cute about the popcorn too. I can just imagine it.

Mrs. Sanchez said...

Anyways lady, I received your thank you card (you are so consistent with those!!) and it inspired me to start up writing in the blog again.

It is protected, but you are a viewer, so you should be able to see it. It's nothing that exciting, but if it helps us stay connected - GREAT! Also, I sent you an email on the bizzybee one. Is the fec one where I should be sending it?

Hope you have a lovely Monday morning!!!

- FS

Jessa said...

Haha It's sounds like he had a blast though! Those movies are definitely ones that will hold there attention. Glad to hear he had such a great experience... so sorry for your morning on... =D

Love & Lollies... Jessa

Jessa said...

oops one... not on haha