Sunday, January 8, 2012

Caden's First Haircut

Justin and I both decided it was time for the little boy to lose his locks. On Friday we went to Cool Cuts for Kids, and let me tell you, it really is for kids! The barber chairs are child sized and some of them are little cars with steering wheels. Each station has a TV and bubbles, and the waiting area has toys and XBOX video games.

Happy at first.

Caden liked the car, but as soon as the lady put the cape on him, he tore it off. We had to button all six buttons to keep it on. Then she spritzed his hair with water and started snipping.


And Caden started crying.


He went back and forth the whole time, crying and then stopping, and then randomly starting again. I blew bubbles since Caden isn't really into TV yet.



 

The lady kept some of his curls to put in a special kit she gave us: a certificate with a window for the hair and a place for a photo; we just need to frame it.






All his natural curls came out! He kind of has a little, curly mohawk.




Although it was expensive, I am glad we went to a kid-friendly salon instead of a regular one for the first time. No need to worry about keeping him sitting in a chair or distracting him or if the stylist had ever cut a toddler's hair before. And now that I know how he will react, I think we'll stick to the kid-friendly place.

4 comments:

Stephanie Shumway said...

Ha! What a handsome little dude!! I always turned on a movie when I cut my kids' hair in the toddler years. Worked like a charm.

Mrs. Sanchez said...

Ditto the handsome dude comment.

You two sure made a cutie!! Like one of the cutest kids around - seriously! The haircut looks great. How neat that they give you a little kit for the locks of hair. That's a really nice touch, I had NO idea they did that.

Jamie said...

He looks so cute! Brecklyn and Logan both had curly hair up until about age 2...I loved it!!!

Anonymous said...

glad he survived the experience-DAD