Justin said it was easier putting him in bed. All was well--until ten o'clock when we heard a very loud thunk and then crying. Caden had rolled off! I tried getting him back in his bed by lying with him, but every time I tried moving away he woke up, so I took him to our bed.
I want Justin to put the crib back together. He doesn't want to and would rather buy side rails. I am a little upset because last month I bought a toddler bed in great condition for $9 at the thrift store and it had sides. Justin didn't want to keep it so I gave it away to someone gathering Christmas gifts for kids in need. I really regret not keeping it now. I doubt I will ever find such a deal again!
| Caden had climbed in by himself. He hates the carseat! |
In other news, Caden has entered the picky eating stage and it is driving me crazy. Most of his favorite foods he won't eat anymore, and the ones he will eat he won't eat all the time. He likes to take a few bites and then spit out the next spoonful (if I'm feeding him) or play with the rest and throw it on the floor (if he's feeding himself). It is so frustrating. And of course he's hungry all the time since he barely eats, which means more opportunities for both of us to get frustrated.
On a positive note, Caden now signs eat consistently and has been saying yes for the past month. He likes to climb in and out of his infant bath tub, walk backwards, make himself dizzy from spinning, listen to me play the flute, and climb onto the chairs by himself and get into trouble. His new favorite book is Five Little Monkeys, which Auntie Kirsten got him for Christmas. He points and shakes his finger in a scolding manner when the doctor says, "No more monkeys jumping on the bed!"
p.s. He just took a 2-hour nap in his bed without falling off!

4 comments:
They sure grow up quickly!
love you all-DAD
Oh the joys of little boys. We started Andrew with his mattress directly on the floor and once he got used to that, then we got him a bed frame. But if he took a nap without falling out he might be fine. The picky eating is super frustrating. I find it helps if I don't fight him too hard.
When we moved Lizzie into a toddler bed, she fell off multiple times, but she NEVER woke up! I'd go in the girls' bedroom to check on them before Chris and I went to bed, and she'd be sound asleep on the floor.
Cate hates her carseat too. Screams bloody murder every time we approach the car. I'm sure our neighbors think I'm torturing her or something!!!
Post a Comment