Sunday, July 3, 2011

If It's Not One Thing It's Another

Caden's potty strike is officially over. Last week he started signing again when he needed to go and has been consistent about it. Yay! Once he's over his sickness we'll go back to cloth diapers.

He's also learned the sign for all done (both hands up shaking them back and forth, though he shakes them up and down). Yesterday morning when I did the sign because I thought he was done going potty, he signed potty to let me know he had to go more, finished his business, and then signed all done. What a smart little guy!

However, sleep has been a struggle. With all the change and chaos that happened over the last two weeks--the hives, moving, traveling, being sick, and family in town staying at our place--the poor little guy's sleep patterns are chaotic as well. The coughing and congestion keep him tossing and turning all night; he wakes up with bags underneath his eyes. He won't nap for long either even though he's exhausted. I'm exhausted as well. I just hope that as soon as he feels better, he'll sleep much better too.

1 comment:

Miss Keesh said...

What a smart child!