Monday, September 27, 2010

What's in a Name?

My mommy says she and Daddy debated over my name the whole time I was in her tummy and even after I came out. What for? They never use my name anyway! Daddy calls me Bugaboo. Mommy has a whole assortment of names for me. Apparently she likes to make up nicknames for people. Her old college buddies were The Melanator, The Hollister, The Kelsifier, and Karalicious. I also have an aunt named Francini-weanie-beanie. Mommy's names for me include Little Bugger, Cadenators, Mommy's Babies (uh, Mom, there's only one of me!), Little Stinkers, Stinkerbug, Snuggly Saurus, and other random one timers. Her favorite: Stinky McStinkers. She even sings this silly song about stinky poop when she changes my diaper. It's to the tune of "Frosty the Snowman," sometimes to "Mr. Grinch." Maybe one day I'll learn the real lyrics to the songs.

You will in a few months. Besides, you are a stinker. As noted on Facebook, yesterday I changed your diaper 5 times in one hour! Granted, 4 of them were only wet, but still. One little tinkle and you start crying!

Well, do you like sitting in something wet?

Why doesn't poop bother you? You could sleep in it all day without a second thought, unless you peed too, of course. Or if you still have more to come out. Then you wait until I just put a fresh diaper on and pbbb! you finish.

Yeah, well, do you like using a dirty toilet, Mommy? Didn't think so.

Good point. At least you don't hate having your diaper changed anymore. Now you're calm.

True. When Daddy changes my diaper he says something about Free Willy. What does a movie about a whale have to do with anything?

Haha, don't worry about it. It's the reason why we think you're so calm.

Oh. Anyway, can I finish? This was supposed to be my post.

Excuse me.

When I'm having a crying fit--red face, wide-open mouth, pumping fists, kicking legs--she calls me Babyzilla and makes me stomp around. And Daddy mimics my cry when I cry to confuse me. Talk about adding insult to injury! (Yes, I already have great command of the English language. After all, I am my mother's son. Except, Mommy talks to me in a goofy baby voice, pluralizing everything and using incorrect grammar. First she insults my feelings, then my intelligence. But it makes her happy, so I'll amuse her.)

Thanks. [Rolls eyes]

Daddy likes to hold me up in the air and call me Super Baby. I think it's really fun! I feel like I'm flying, like I'm on top of the world, which at my size is a rare feeling.


Well, you may not be on top of the world, but the world does revolve around you! At least, our world does.

I know. [Sigh of satisfaction] And Grandma's, as much as it can being so far away. Grandpa says she's always asking about "my baby" or "Juju" (short for Junior). I can't wait to see her again!

Now back to my main point. Why did you name me Caden anyway?

Daddy and I looked at baby names ever since we were married. Our favorites changed over the years. Once you were in my tummy, and especially when we found out you were a boy, we got serious about it. One day we found the name "Caden," Gaelic (Irish) for "little battle." And let me tell ya, it fits! You are stubborn, feisty, and determined like your mama when you want to be (sometimes you're laid back like your dad). One day you will be a great leader and warrior for the Lord.

Thanks, Mommy! I love you!

I love you too, Stinky McStinkers.

3 comments:

Mrs. Sanchez said...

suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch a cute fun post!!

Alex said...

yes, very cute. Although I must admit I must be overly tired because I was thoroughly confused at first. hehe. (In reply to your comment on my blog: no, I don't have an Etsy shop. If you're interested in something though, let me know.)

Ashley said...

Totally cute post, I love it! And I really love the name Caden, I think it's adorable!