Wednesday, September 8, 2010
Snip Snip
Caden was circumcised yesterday. He did really well. I was a mess beforehand, crying in anticipation of what was to come. I wasn't sure I would be able to stay in the room, not because of the procedure (I actually wanted to see how it was done), but because it would hurt me to see my baby wail in pain. At his last appointment, I got teary-eyed because Caden cried when the pediatrician stuck the thermometer in his bum. Once the doctor talked to us about what would happen and how Caden would react, I felt better about it and decided to stay. There were two students helping the doctor and learning how to do circumcisions. One of them gave Caden sugar water on a pacifier, which he took with no problem but would not take later for us, and the other assisted with the surgery (ok, that did make me a little nervous, but the doctor did almost all of it). I really liked the doctor: she was quick, skillful, caring, and informative. Caden did great! He only fussed a little when they numbed the area and did something else later, but he didn't cry. I was so proud of him. He's my brave little baby! Daddy, on the other hand, was a little queasy afterward. Haha.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh man. I was a mess the whole night before they came to get collin for his circumcision. I kept staring at his little peaceful face thinking "he has no idea what's going to happen." Then when they wheeled him out I burst into tears. It's tough! But I'm glad to hear it wasn't so bad. Especially since brenden and I didn't go to watch. It sounds like you're just as strong as your little man! I couldn't bear to be in there!
That is something about having a boy that I dread - but I'd go in to see anyway because I'm just so paranoid. Glad he did so well! He is such a cute little guy! I'm so happy for you. Looks like Grandma adores him too. So cute!
Post a Comment