Last night we had a private childbirth class (the other couples couldn't make it) with my doula and her doula friend. They were awesome! They just covered health and nutrition for this first class, but it was a really fun and lively lecture/conversation. Even Justin enjoyed it.
For my pregnant ladies: get a doula if you don't already have one! Doulas are birthing coaches who are all about you. They educate you about and prepare you for birth, support you and your husband during birth, help out after birth, and do whatever else you need them to do. They have no hidden agendas; their purpose is to serve you however they can to ensure you, your husband, and your baby have a wonderful, positive birthing experience.
Wednesday, June 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Wow that is cool! Is that expensive? I was super lucky to have a knowledgeable sister-in-law (used to work as a nurse for OBGYN's) and my sister who's had a baby only a couple years before there for me. My delivery went really well, but I think next time I'm getting the epidural.
Hey Franchesca! I am so escited that I found your blog! I also love that your are taking birthing classes! Are you planning to go natural?
Hey! I forgot to mention that my blog is private but I would love to add you, send me your email. mine is clarissajbaxter@gmail.com Thanks!!
I get the ideas from craft blogs- some are lame but others can be super addicting! I'm so excited for your little boy to come!
Yay Doulas!!! Those are lucky girls that get to hang out and talk birth with you (sigh)... I'm SO excited for your birthing time!!!
Oh my goodness, I LOVED my doula! Luckily we found ours at the end of her training so we got her for free, but Tim said afterwords that he's willing to pay any price to have a doula in the future!
Post a Comment