My long absence is the result of our laptop battery dying. At least, we think that's the problem. The cord is new, but when plugged in, the laptop won't recharge. Grrrr. We still need to get it fixed; I'm at the campus computer lab right now. I have so much to write about! First of all, work is going well. I only work 2-4 days a week for 4 or 5 hours, so it's not bad at all. Just my feet hurt afterward.
I am now 31 weeks along. Single digits left before Baby comes! And still so much to do, the biggest being picking a car seat and stroller. Any suggestions of what's good and bad?
For my childbirth classes, I am doing Hypnobabies (a type of hypnobirthing), because it best suits my needs: learning to relax, thinking positively, and letting go of fear. It teaches you self-hypnosis and deep relaxation to eliminate discomfort and let your body take over giving birth. The philosophy is your birth is what you make it. I will also be taking a course with Justin by my doula, covering generic childbirth information.
 |
| About 29 weeks |
My tummy is definitely bigger and my belly button is about to pop out. My appetite hasn't changed much, but every few weeks it increases a lot for a few days. I'm guessing that's when Baby has growth spurts. He is
so active and strong; I'm bruised under my ribs on the right side. My weight hasn't changed due to that stomach bug, but I feel bigger! I've packed some pounds in my thighs, and they have some light stretch marks on the sides. None on my tummy though.
Everything is going well and I'm happy and excited. And overwhelmed a little due to procrastination and how fast this pregnancy is going by. I cannot wait to see and hold my baby!
7 comments:
You look WONDERFUL!!! Love that baby bump!
You look great!! I did hypnobirthing and had a medication free birth! it is such a wonderful thing!
We REALLY love our baby trend flexloc 30lb car seat and the baby trend jogging stroller that has the remote access to lock the wheel (not all the babytrend jogging strollers have remote access to lock the front wheel, so you'd have to check to make sure the one you like has it, if you want it to... )....We like it because we both enjoy jogging, so it works great for us to have been able to jog with Cameron when he was too little to be in the stroller without his carseat (the car seat snaps in).
You look so good gurl; I am so excited for you guys :)
We used a travel system with Lizzie and we're using the same one with Cate--Baby Trend. SO good--we love Baby Trend products (we got a BT double stroller for the girls). Anyway, travel systems are wonderful because the car seat can snap right into the car seat base as well as the actual stroller. We bought it with a jogging stroller because we thought the bigger wheels would be better (and they are--don't get stuck over bumps and cracks in the sidewalk) and we have had nothing but praise for it. I believe we got it at Babies R' Us for $199.
mom will give you the consumer reports if you aske her- i cannot wait to hold the baby-DAD
I'm sure there are lots of great ones out there, but I tell everyone - I love my stroller! It came with a rear-facing car seat you can strap onto it like a baby carriage while the baby was small. This was a must for me because my knees are not strong and I could not imagine lugging a car seat with a growing baby around without it. Not very far anyway. It's lightweight and my favorite thing is the wheels are large and there is one in the front kind of like a jogging stroller but the tires will never go flat. I've pushed it well loaded over the sand at the beach and all kinds of places. My sister bought the same stroller for her son even though she didn't need the car seat just because it maneuvers so great and it even works with her graco car seat so she uses it sometimes with baby #2. It will turn in a circle on the spot which is awesome in tight spaces. It is a little bulky to store, but I love it. And the best part is with the stroller and car seat combo it was still cheaper than a lot of just strollers out there. My mom got it for me from Burlington Coat Factory for about $150. I also loved that the black and baby blue could go for boy or girl. It's called the Safety 1st Acella Sport Travel System Here's the amazon link so you can see it:
http://www.amazon.com/Safety-1st-Acella-Travel-System/dp/B002ZX3PO8
The car seat doesn't have the easy repositioning straps like some others - you have to thread them through when the baby outgrows them, but it wasn't such a hassle for a year. I never had any problem pinching fingers in the buckles and it's lighter weight than many out there. Definitely go to Babies R Us and test lift them all before you settle on one! That made me search for something lighter weight!
No stroller advice. BUT, you look absolutely stunning. REALLY!!! I can't wait to see you in person.
oooh and Oscar's sisters said you looked really good in your baby shower photos (so I should pass that on).
But, AMAZING!! Seriously!
First of all, You Are Gorgeous! I am so excited for you! I remember that feeling of just want my baby in my arms and out of my stomach! When it happens it is a million times better than you ever would have thought! You are going to be such a great mommy! I really love the chicco brand of carseats. They just seem more sturdy to me than other ones and I am all about keeping my baby safe. It has the carseat base for the car and the stroller that the carseat snaps into. I am not sure how much they run at the store cause I got my set brand new at a garage sale.
Post a Comment