Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Baby Prep 101

For Family Home Evening last night (we had friends over for dinner on Monday), we learned some baby skills: putting on a cloth diaper and swaddling. At first, Justin was grossed out by my old teddy bear. But once it became the baby, he went into daddy mode, and it was so cute! He talked to it and treated it as if it really were our baby. I just had to take photos!

Swaddling the baby




Putting on a cloth diaper

Me: "Stop making funny faces."
Justin: "But that's how I'm going to look when I change his diaper!"
Me: "It's a clean diaper!"





Helping Baby be reverent during the closing prayer


Then this morning, I found Justin lying on the couch, and I put the teddy bear on him, thinking how much I can't wait to see him hold our little baby. Justin confessed he fell asleep holding it earlier when he first moved to the couch. I had him reenact it:

Watching golf together

Isn't he going to be a great daddy?

6 comments:

Mrs. Sanchez said...

This is so cute!! Justin's faces are amazing.

Mary Killion said...

Justin's faces are priceless! I know he will be a great daddy :)
PS--You may not have to do any swaddling. Liz always protested when we swaddled her--she liked to wave her arms. You never know!!

Brenden+Nikki said...

ha ha that cracks me up! You guys are hilarious. I have to admit....when I first got my sleepy wrap in the mail (same as a moby) I was about 8 months pregnant. I whipped out my old teddy bear (it is the size of a small toddler) and wrapped the sleepy wrap around myself as the directions instructed and tried to put Teddy in as I would the baby. (Trying to be as careful as I would if I really had Collin in my arms). When I finished, Teddy's face was like squished into my face. I couldn't figure out what I had done wrong because I knew I wouldn't be carrying the baby that high in the sleep wrap. Then I realized.....I had a HUGE baby bump in the way! ha ha - I realized that wouldn't be there once Collin came out so I felt better about my sleepy wrap wrapping skills.

It's good to see that other people practice on their teddy bears too.

Jamie said...

Ha ha! Good luck with those cloth diapers...

Julie said...

Haha! Justin looks like he'll be a great dad! The stinky diaper face is priceless.

p.s. Are you guys really planning to do cloth?? At first we used disposable (easier when getting used to sleep deprivation, plus she was too small for anything). We are now using small gDiapers because Scarlett is still too small for our other AIO's. It's not as bad as I thought it would be...and sooo much cheaper! I think our whole cloth diaper supply has already paid for itself--and we haven't even used our AIO's!

Lissy said...

That is awesome! What a cute guy you've got there. Such a good sport. You must have so much fun together!