July 3rd we went to the Mesa Celebration of Freedom with my high school friends Francine and Oscar, who were visiting, and our church friends the Slades. First we got really yummy icees at Bahama Bucks. At the festival we looked at cars and an art gallery and ate while watching the fireworks. Unfortunately, everything else, including the rock band, was still going on during the fireworks.
July 4th we went to the lake next to ASU in Tempe at night to watch their fireworks show with the Slades. It was longer and a lot better than the Mesa one. But honestly, nothing beats the San Marcos (my hometown) fireworks show. The whole atmosphere is amazing: everything closes down, the lights are turned off, everyone sits down to watch, patriotic music plays, and the show lasts 30 min. We got to go last year, and I miss it.
July 5th we went to the Gentrys' place for a BBQ and played on the Wii: bowling, tennis, dancing, and boxing. Of course, the dancing one is the funniest! We had such a good time. Check out the videos and photos on Facebook.
Wednesday, July 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
awww, I still need to watch your dancing videos.
It was sooo fun seeing you!!! Ahh, the baby will be due so soon. I really should be planning another trip already. (or looking at how much it costs to fly)
I'm glad you saw the other fireworks. My friend (Lauren Cronin)'s mom is actually the one in charge of the fireworks at Bradley park. I think I will email her and let her know how we missed it.
LOVE YOU!
I didn't know that! Cool. Yeah, let her know how amazing we think it is!
we did not go to see any firworks because of the day but we did read a few days later that a tragedy happened at the Bradley park fireworks- people got burned near the end and some were taken to the hospital- it was an accident near the little caretaker home past the softball field fence-DAD
Post a Comment