Saturday, October 24, 2009

Halloween Costumes

I'm still alive! I'm doing better, but still congested, coughing, and sneezing. However, my spunkiness and speed are back at work (my boss and coworkers noticed a big difference while I was sick!).

I'm trying to decide on a Halloween costume even though I am doing absolutely nothing for Halloween. Our ward is not having a party because Stake Conference is that weekend. I don't know if the schools are doing anything, and even so, they're usually geared toward kids. I work Halloween. I have no friends, so I'm not going to any parties. There is a giant clean party for singles, but obviously I don't qualify for that. And Justin won't be with me that weekend anyway. I'm hoping there will still be trick-or-treaters when I get off work at 7 so I can dress up and pass out candy. I love seeing kids in costumes!

I've been wearing a costume every day at work for the past two weeks (for photos, click here). At first I only wore accessories, such as cat ears, until one day Saturday when I was told I was allowed to wear a full costume. I loved it so much that I asked my manager if I could wear one everyday, and she said yes. When I am ever going to get the oportunity again to wear any costume I want for free? As for buying one, I got it down to 4 options:

1. "Hot Stuff"
Plus: It's a lot longer on me than on the model and it flatters my figure!
Minus: Not worth the price, even with a 30 percent discount. And I still have to wear shorts underneath.


2. "Cruise Cutie"
Plus: Totally adorable and original! Very modest.
Minues: Price again. And it's white--I am guaranteed to ruin it! Also, the hat doesn't stay on and the dress is a bit big (but they do have an XS I could try on).


3. "Jewel of the Sea"
Plus: So cute on me! Very comfortable and affordable.
Minus: Still have to wear shorts. A little too punk for my taste. Tempted to buy a million pirate accessories!


4. "Rag Doll"
Plus: By far the cutest on me. (I forgot to take a picture that day because I was rushed during closing time. Just imagine me in it with full-length stockings and no wig or platforms.)
Minus: Price--just the costume is $50. Plus I would have to buy full-length stockings (wearing shorts underneath) or bloomers (cute, but where to get them?) because the skirt is barely a skirt.


Right now I'm leaning toward #3. What do you think?

2 comments:

Amy said...

I like "Cruise Cutie!"

Lissy said...

I vote cruise cutie, too! You look SO good in it. You can always use bobby pins for the hat.