And the winner is . . . the pirate costume! Here's how it happened (see the "Halloween Costumes" post for background info): Last week Friday Justin and I were supposed to meet somebody after I got off work, but she cancelled at the last minute. So after chilling a bit, we went back to Party City to try on costumes. Only, when we got there, they were closing in a couple minutes! My coworker had given me the wrong closing time. I didn't want to make a rush decision, so I put the costume on hold.
The next day, one girl kept trying on a million costumes but couldn't find one that fit and she liked. She chose the pirate one in a small size. No more left--except mine. So I gave it to them and they ended up buying it. It wasn't until that moment that I realized how much I really did like it. I was in such a sad mood after that!
After work I went into the back to look for costumes for me and Justin to try on. I checked the box of the pirate costumes just in case (the guys are notorious for overlooking costumes) and I found another small in the back of the box! Woohoo! I kinda felt bad that the girl got the one I already wore, but oh well!
I tried on a few more and we got it down to the pirate or the rag doll. I loved the firewoman one, but didn't want to spend $40 on it. (Good news: I found it at Target for $25! If it's still there after Halloween, I'm so buying it for next year.) The "Cruise Cutie" costume Justin didn't like. And actually, although you all loved it, it was my least favorite. The small was too loose; I tried the XS yesterday and couldn't even put it on. (The sizes are so weird. I wear a junior small for the rag doll and it fits perfectly, but some adult smalls are loose on women larger than me and some are so tight I can hardly put them on!) The rag doll one I get so many compliments on (I've worn it 3 times now), but it's too expensive and short. So the pirate one won: $35 for the dress, tights, arm warmers, hip wrap, and headband. And it's comfortable and cute. I'm wearing it today and tomorrow.
Justin ended up getting an Indiana Jones jacket and hat with a whip for next year. He looks so cute! I wish he were here on Halloween and we had a party to go to so we could wear our costumes.
[Now the update:]
Yesterday morning I tried on the whole costume and HATED it! The fishnet stockings did not look good on me. I still think the dress and headband are cute on me, but the colors and style are not me. I don't know what I was thinking when I bought it.
After my shift, I debated over what I should exchange my costume for. It took me 1 1/2 hours to decide (yeah, I am terrible at making decisions!). I got it down to the rag doll, since everyone loved it, and the Kandy Korn witch, which I thought was really cute. They are the same price.


I decided on the Kandy Korn witch. I like it better than the rag doll because it is more modest and versatile, thus worth the price: I can wear the costume as intended (dress, hat, stockings--with shorts, of course), the dress over pants, or the hat by itself. I love the Halloween colors, too. Plus, since only Jr. M/L was left, there's some room for growth. haha. I think I looked adorable (except in this photo), and I got as many compliments on it today as I do with the rag doll. Yay! I am happy with my decision. Sadly, since the housing complex had trunk-or-treating and a Halloween party last night, no trick-or-treaters came tonight so I was all prepared for nothing. Oh, well.
p.s. More photos on Facebook of my other costumes!

3 comments:
I think the candy corn one is cute. And I am sure you get a much better picture of all the costumes when you're in person. Some of those costumes though, YES, very short!!! Especially on someone taller.
Actually, I really like that you bought Justin's costume already. He will be a good Indiana Jones. Maybe Oscar and I will make it over to the nearest Halloween store in a week or two and see if we can get any good deals.
Any suggestions for a good time frame when they will still have some left, but they will be on sale?
Yes, I agree. The candy corn witch gets my vote.
Mom
candy corn!-dad
Post a Comment