Justin and I watched The Iron Giant today before he went to work. I balled my eyes out during the ending. Yeah, I feel like the biggest dork.It is such a sweet story. If you haven't seen it, I definitely recommend it. Vin Diesel does an amazing job conveying emotions through his voice as the robot.
One aspect reminded me of the Atonement: although the evil man, not the giant, made the mistake, the giant had to pay for it in order to rescue all mankind. (This is where I started crying like a baby.) But also, like Christ, the giant lived again.

2 comments:
ok, girl. I haven't seen it and I def. will.
But, you told us he will live again, lol. SPOILER alert. anyways, I look forward watching it with Oscar.
And I got an amazing thank you card in the mail yesterday that had words cut out from magazines and reminded me of cards I used to get once upon a time. It TOTALLY made my day!! And its on my fridge. I wonder who it could be from??
love you girl.
I was afraid someome might say I spoiled it, but I decided to write it anyway. Don't worry, it's not completely ruined. Besides, I knew how it ended already (I had seen it when it first came out many years ago) and I still cried!
Yay! I'm glad you liked the card. I have so much fun making them, but I rarely do because no one appreciates them the way you and my dad do.
Post a Comment