Yesterday was Justin's 24th birthday. We got up at 5 a.m. to go golfing at 6 and played a full 18 holes. Justin played ok and I didn't do too bad. My drives were horrible (because I never practice with my driver), but my short game and putting were pretty good (because that's all I ever practice!). I even got par on a par 3. I hit my 6 iron a little short of the green and chipped the ball two feet from the hole for an easy putt. But enough about me...We went to the PGA superstore for Justin to return the 3 hybrids he tried out. He found another one he likes better and is probably going to buy with his birthday money. He used to have a hybrid because he hated his 3 iron, but then he traded it in because he hated the hybrid. Now he hates his 3 iron again and wants a new hybrid!
Finally we got home and relaxed before going out to lunch at P.F. Chang's. Justin opened up his presents: a golf book from his parents and a movie (Get Smart), ice shaver, and strawberry flavoring from me. After lunch, we watched half of Get Smart before poor Justin had to go to work. That night I invited some friends over for German chocolate cake (his favorite) when Justin got home. It wasn't a surprise party, but he didn't know anyone was coming. Until I ruined it. I got the place ready and set out plates, napkins, and forks. Justin looked at the table and asked, "How many forks do we need?" Oops. He started looking around, opening doors, expecting people to jump out and surprise him. I tried to not laugh, which made him more suspicious. He wouldn't believe me that no one was there but us (he even looked under our bed!), so I gave in and told him that some friends would be coming later. The first couple came shortly thereafter and we sang to Justin. They left right after the second couple came, who stayed late playing Imaginiff with us. We had such a great time! When they left, we tried watching the rest of Get Smart but fell asleep instead. It was quite the long but fun day.

1 comment:
oooh, this sounds like such a good time. Good for Justin!! I am sure the german chocolate cake was delicious, how funny that Justin searched for the extra people, lol.
Post a Comment