
I'm so glad I had my birthday surprise from my wonderful friends! Justin had a low-grade fever the night before my birthday (May 27) and spent half of my birthday sleeping. I went running, worked on some projects on campus, and then read in the park. Justin was feeling good enough to go out by 3 p.m., so we went shopping. I bought a couple of cute shirts at Ann Taylor Loft (my new favorite store) and a hat at a store called Hottie. Since our plans started much later, we went out to eat at our favorite Japanese restaurant and Justin cooked dinner for me the next day. We did more shopping that day too at another Ann Taylor Loft, where I bought 3 more shirts, and browsed for a couple hours at Barnes & Noble. I got a package from my in-laws of gifts I wanted: a yoga kit, Mamma Mia! movie and soundtrack, and little piggy magnets. Overall, with all the surprises and fun and phone calls from family, it was definitely a most memorable and awesome birthday!
You know, usually birthdays don't feel any different for me, but this year I actually felt older. I was ready to be 22. I think it's because so much has happened in the last year: getting a new job at BYU, graduating, moving, getting and quitting my dance job, making new friends, and having family and friends visit.

1 comment:
i love you so much- the happiest day for you!
love dad
Post a Comment