Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Bittersweet Tears

Friday I quit my job--I am no longer a ballroom dance instructor. There were many factors involved, but it all boiled down to my relationship with Justin. The schedule, long hours, commitment, and stress were too much for us. He comes first, so I decided to quit. I almost chickened out, and Justin suggested I wait another week, but I immediately felt uncomfortable with that idea. I had a strong feeling from the Spirit that I should do it then. I told my manager, who took it very well (thank you, Heavenly Father!), and then burst into tears.

It all feels like a dream: the dancing, the dressing up, the students, the meetings. It was only a few days ago that I was still a part of that. I will miss some things, most especially learning how to dance, but I can't deny the relief I felt when I said I wasn't going to be able to work anymore. I know it was the right thing to do.

2 comments:

Julie said...

good job for you! I hate when I get the feeling to do something I really don't want to do. Hope everything goes well! Are you going to look for another job?

Anonymous said...

wow, I can't imagine how hard that most have been for you. Dancing is your life, sort of. But I am happy to know your priorities of loving Justin come first. He is your husband and I believe this shows your love and commiment to him. You are so brave and strong, I admire that. I wish you the best job hunting if you are going too as well with everything else.