Sunday, March 15, 2009

Rawhide

Last Saturday I had off from work, so Justin and I decided to do something fun together. After searching online, we found the perfect thing: Rawhide, an Old West town only 25 minutes away. It didn't open until the evening, so we spent the morning cleaning.

The place was great! There were tons of things to do and see:

  • A donkey ride, train ride, and rock climbing for kids
  • A stagecoach ride around a mini Old West town
  • A jail where you could take pictures in the cell
  • Gun fights in the street
  • Regular wagons and a prairie wagon
  • Bonfires
  • A place to get a photo in 19th century clothing
  • A real blacksmith who made really neat items, such as personalized horseshoes, candle holders, knick knacks, personalized steak branding irons, and welcome signs
  • Two different gun fight shows
  • A candy store, general store, cowboy clothing store, shoe store, and toy store
  • A mini museum of 19th century artifacts (the scariest was the medicine section!)
  • A steakhouse, saloon, and fast food restaurant
  • A card/blackjack magician
  • A fake mission that could be reserved for weddings and other events

Entrance into Rawhide was free, but all the activities cost $4 per person (except the jail photos and Old West photos, which cost more). We did the stagecoach ride and saw one show, which was not the best I've seen but was still entertaining. We also bought a sarsaparilla--it was really good!

It was a really fun night--and cheap, too! If you ever visit the Phoenix area, I definitely recommend going there for some good, family fun. Below are some of my favorite pictures. The rest can be seen by clicking on the following link: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2237785&id=17814848&l=4dca3c010b















3 comments:

Anonymous said...

it sounds like so much fun- it brings back memories of August 2004 when we went to Tombstone and we had the monsoons and it rained during the gunfight at the OK Corral- Stephen Caruso
p.s.- whatever you guys do it seems like you are always happy together and having a fun time- the dresses are nice

AesaLina Compton said...

What's your email so I can send my address?

Ashley said...

That looks like such a fun place! I should tell my aunt who lives in Phoenix to take her kids there. :)