Wednesday, November 2, 2011

A Spook-tacular Weekend

After working during Halloween two years ago and missing the festivities last year, I was set on making the most of Halloween this year. Friday night was the ward party. There were games for the kids followed by trunk-or-treating. Caden did the cake walk and won a mini cupcake which he gobbled right up, minus the frosting.


He also did the fishing game and got a glow bracelet and the ball toss and got a pencil. The rest of the time he was just interested in stepping on and off the sidewalk to the grass. He thinks he's so cool because he can climb small steps.




Justin took him trunk or treating while I passed out candy; then we switched. There were no desserts at the party (seriously!) so we stopped for treats at the gas station afterwards and watched the rest of Harry Potter 4 at home.

Justin is Indiana Jones, I'm a witch, and Caden is a bat.


Saturday Caden and I went to a Halloween baby shower. It was too hot for him to wear his costume, but I wore mine. I was the only one besides the hostess and a couple little girls.

Monday we went to a sugar-free Halloween party; Justin met us there straight from work, so he didn't dress up. I helped with the games. The kids had a lot of fun. Caden got to taste apple cider and liked it. I made whole-wheat blueberry muffins that I actually liked (not a fan of blueberries).


The campus party started later than we thought, so we went there next. We took Caden trunk-or-treating again. The rest of the time he spent on the playground--you guessed it--stepping up and down the sidewalk to the sand. He loved the taste of cotton candy Justin gave him.







He had a lot of fun playing and was sad to leave. Overall, it was a great Halloween!

3 comments:

Miss Keesh said...

That cute little bat-man is developing a sweet tooth :) Cute costumes- all of you!

Anonymous said...

he was so cute and funny!-DAD

Mrs. Sanchez said...

So cute! What a fun holiday. Love all the photos. The one with you holding him on the see saw is my favorite. Adorable!