In all these years, I've escaped reading and watching the Twilight series. My curiosity finally got the better of me and I decided to read Twilight. I finished it a week ago and now I am reading New Moon. I will post my thoughts on each book, so here is what I was thinking while reading the first:
*Not understanding the tree of knowledge reference and apple on the cover. Some help please?
*Is this all going to be high school, love-triangle drama? I feel so juvenile reading this. Why are so many women older than me obsessed?
*Edward isn't as romantic as everyone has made him out to be.
*We're on page a million and what and nothing's happened yet? On the other hand, I appreciate all the dialogue and the explanations of the vampire world. It's fascinating discovering the author's made-up world.
*Finally some action and suspense!
*The end is like a Law & Order: SVU episode but with vampires.
*Overall: Good book and very entertaining, but I don't get the huge cult following.
I like to watch movie versions of books immediately after reading the book to compare and contrast them, especially in a series when I'm likely to forget more details, but I don't know who has the movies. I'll have to figure that out soon.
I'll let you know what I'm thinking of New Moon once I finish it, but I will say that so far it is better than Twilight!
Sunday, November 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I've recently been tempted to read/watch them and see what the big deal is... I've resisted for so long. I do worry that it's been so hyped up that it just won't deliver, though. It's happened in the past with so many other things (The Dark Knight, for example-- not as scary as everyone said, and Five Guys burger is NOT that good). A lot of the time, everyone else's enchantment with a certain thing ends up totally killing it for me. I wonder if Twilight will be the same if I give it a chance.
never catch me reading or watching that...DAD
and I have been since a little child the ultimate vampire werewolf fan...
Post a Comment