I love buying things secondhand. I found a great kitchen for Caden a couple weeks ago. And I did all his Christmas shopping secondhand. I've gotten him a gazillion books from the thrift store (best place to find board books in great condition and really cheap!) and some more books, wooden puzzles, a walker/rider, and a booster seat (ok, so that's not for Christmas) from Craigslist. The stuff from Craigslist totalled $18!
Babyhood is the perfect time to buy secondhand: babies outgrow things quickly, so things are hardly or never used; babies don't know or care that their things are used; and people are so desperate to get rid of their baby stuff that they sell it for cheap or give it to you for free! The only thing you have to be careful about is to make sure the stuff meets current safety standards.
I also love buying books for me and kitchen/household items secondhand. I only buy shoes if they're brand new and clothes if they're not faded, ripped, or stained. What do you like buying secondhand, if at all?
Sunday, November 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I'm with you on the baby clothes. I buy a ton of the girls' things secondhand--they grow out of them so fast so I'm not about to drop $25-40 on a single item! I too get books for them secondhand--I've found many popular kids books for $1-2 that still sell for $15 in other stores. I haven't had much luck in finding anything for me but I always look (when the girls allow me haha).
I do like buying knick-knacks for the house secondhand, mostly things used for decorating. Recently I found a hollow glass pumpkin w/ lid so that's where we put the Halloween candy! haha
The goodwill near your house is enormous!
I used to buy most of my clothes second hand (when I didn't use gift cards), but don't do that as often.
Almost all our furniture was found on Craigslist.
I buy some toys second hand (or get them free when my kiddos outgrow them).
we always go thrifting-DAD
Post a Comment