Warning: This post is a little graphic.
Saturday I was kinda feeling icky, but I contributed it to the heat. That night we had a fun time at a friend's house playing Just Dance on the Wii and went to bed late. At about four in the morning, I woke up feeling terribly sick. I ran to the bathroom and started heaving. Justin woke up to my vomiting, which went on for hours. It was worse than any morning sickness. The pressure was so bad I involuntarily peed on myself and the bathroom floor while throwing up (I'd rather clean up urine than vomit, though!). At eight Sunday morning, the diarrhea came. Not fun when both happens at the same time. Finallly I had a little break where I thought I could make it to the hospital across from campus (no way I'd make it all the way to Phoenix to my regular hospital). It's such a small hospital I got admitted to the ER right away and was hooked up to an IV for 6 1/2 hours. I didn't really need to be there that long, but I think they forgot about me sometimes or it was really busy or something. Anyway, I was still throwing up, so they tried a different medicine which worked better and gave me a tiny, diluted dosage of morphine to ease the cramps.
They don't have an OB/GYN there, but they did an ultrasound to make sure the baby was alright. He is. He was very active during the whole ordeal--probably in protest to my intense abdominal activity--which made things a little more uncomfortable. The doctor concluded I had a stomach bug going around and put me on a strict liquid-only diet for 24 hours and gave me strict rules on easing back to regular eating. When I finally could keep down water, they let me go. We went straight to Wal-mart to get my nausea prescription filled (the hospital only has a pharmacy for admitted patients). At home I developed a low-grade fever, though my temperature was normal while at the hospital. Tylenol and a cool cloth lowered it in a few hours. I slept most of the evening and a lot that night. Monday my friend took me to her house to care for me since Justin worked all day. Tuesday I went back to work, but I still feel yucky. I haven't thrown up or had diarrhea since Sunday, but my tummy is still weak. I've been eating a lot of jello! And to make matters worse, my allergies are going crazy again! Runny nose, sore throat, sneezing, and no sleep last night. Ugh.
p.s. I spent Saturday cleaning my kitchen, with a bleach-based product no less, and what do I find in my sink when I come home Monday evening? Yep, a giant bug! Luckily Justin was home. But now I have to clean my kitchen all over again! Grrrr!
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
oh yikes--that sounds terrible! I'm glad that you were able to get some rest though--and that you're feeling some better!
Oh yikes!! That is not fun! I'm so sorry you had to
go through that. That hospital is so good at admitting people right away. That's where Brenden went when he dislocated his shoulder. Anyway - I'm glad people there are taking care of ya! I hope those nasty bugs go away! And wow - back to work too! Whew! I'm tired just thinking of it!!
I am so grateful that you were able to getmedical attention right away- DAD
Hope you are feeling better! Glad you have some good friends nearby. We kept getting ants in our attic apartment in Provo - the only thing that worked was to caulk every crack. We didn't see a single one after that though our neighbors often complained of them. Just make sure you get caulk that can be painted over - I won't make that mistake again :)
Hope you are feeling better. Love ya!
Glad to hear the baby was okay! But what an awful experience!
Post a Comment