Sunday, November 15, 2009

Me (Dedicated to Kara)

My friend Kara tagged me in her blog post revealing 10 honest facts about herself. I learned a lot about her, and so I want to do the same. I won't tag any of you because I doubt you'll do it, but I would love comments with little things about you.
  1. More than anything in this world, I want to be a mommy. I have never been career oriented or ambitious although I am very smart. My ultimate goal has always been to be a stay-at-home mom doing some hobbies (like editing and writing) on the side for fun, not for money.
  2. I hate Christmas music. There are songs I like to listen to and sing, but I think they get old and over played really fast. I try to listen to Christmas music as little as possible, since it's played everywhere I go, and only when I need to get in a Christmasy mood.
  3. Sometimes I feel like there are two sides of me: a tough-girl heroine that wants to save the day and beat everybody up and a sweet angel that despises evil and wouldn't harm a fly. In reality, I am neither. (And if I try to be either, it comes out as feisty or self-righteous.)
  4. I am very hard on myself. I can be very judgmental about others too, but I am just as judgmental on myself. I hate hypocrisy.
  5. If I were rich, I would use all my money to bless others. I think extravagance is unnecessary and selfish.
  6. One of my strongest traits is compassion. When others are sad or crying, it makes me sad or cry too. I really try to make others happy.
  7. I am such a kid at heart! I love kid movies, books, and toys. The only thing I don't like is kid food, except macaroni and cheese.
  8. At times I love being alone and have no desire for any social contact at all (I get this from my mom). Other times I crave people, crowds, parties, friends, and other social interaction (I get that from my dad).
  9. I wish I were super talented in one area. I have many talents, but I'm stuck in the intermediate level in all of them. Most of that is my fault due to laziness (like flute playing), but some of it is not (like singing).
  10. I have a hard time viewing myself as an adult since nobody else does. Most people think I am a lot younger than I am and treat me accordingly, especially at church. I feel like people see me as a young, inexperienced, babyless newlywed (which I guess I am) instead of a mature married college graduate trying to become a mother. Why does being short make so much difference in how I am treated?

For fun facts, read my old post "Random Things about Me."

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I have trouble with others' perception of my age as well, even though I dress like a mom :) I smack them with intelligence when I open my mouth to speak though... then I have trouble with being mistaken for too much older! We're cute and petite, this is life! It will be a blessing when we get older!!!

Mrs. Sanchez said...

I love reading those things, although I think I new most of them, others were ENTIRELY new.

I've always looked at you as a really talented person, I think because of your intellect.

It's really interesting what people are self conscious about. My sister in law is very thin, even though she has four kids. I complimented her on her figure and she remarked that she wished she was a little more robust. She felt other mom's didn't take her seriously or treated her like she was younger because she was so thin. I have a hunch that is true, but I am sure they wish they were thin like her.

ps. I see you as a mature married woman. :)

Anonymous said...

I love you just the way you are- Billy Joel 1976

DAD the socialite