I am and forever will be a nerd. Proof positive:
I miss school. I miss learning. I'm jealous of all you people going to school right now. Since I won't be able to go back for a while, I've kept many of my college textbooks to reread for fun. I wanted to start reading them again, but they are all Humanities related, and I needed some balance: I haven't taken math since senior year of high school and science since freshman year of college. I used to be really good at those subjects and now I can't remember anything. So at the thrift store on dollar day last week, I bought a college algebra textbook to read and practice math for fun. I read the first chapter yesterday and found it exciting! I haven't done any exercises yet because right now they're just little theoretical things I can do in my head, but I can't wait to start solving for x again.
Look back at the italicized words. Do they shout, "Nerd!" or what?
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
I love you girl!!! And I love your nerdiness!!
And yah, doing math problems for fun, pretty nerdy, lol. But AMAZING all the same. Its def. a talent.
If you ever need chem, bio, psych textbooks Oscar and I have a lot, we can send some over in the future if needed. Or perhaps, deliver in person.... hmmmm.
I LOVE YOU FRANCESCA! GO NERDS! I feel the same way--I'm jealous of everyone going back to school too! I totally admire you going out to get math books, though; that's something I don't think I can ever do! hehe
You won't have the urge to return to school once you have kids to teach (and do their homework, for that matter:). Hint hint!
I totally miss school too! I don't read math books for fun, because I hated math, but I miss all my humanities classes and history and english and social dance and choir like CRAZY! I'm jealous of all current BYU students.
i know, you take all of my 'generals' for me, and i can take the fun classes! ah, generals are what scare me.. yes, i wish i shared your enthusiasm for math. (don't get me wrong, i'm pretty good at it, i just don't enjoy it!)
Hi Sweety,
You have turned into your parents already? At least you dress better than we did. Constance is following also. Recently she had to fill in a page similar to your time capsule. For favorite book she wrote The Random House Children's Encyclopedia.
It's ok to be a nerd. I miss school to, I'm still taking a few classes to finish up but its online and I really miss actually going to class.
Post a Comment