Sunday, September 20, 2009

First Day at Work

Yesterday was my first day at Party City. I was in charge of the costumes and Halloween items. I got to pick out some accessories to wear: an overpriced-but-free-for-me red and black feather boa and a flapper girl headband. Never wearing a boa again! It kept unraveling, and I almost choked myself once. Anyway, I pretty much spent the whole time getting costumes for people to try on. It was very fastpaced, which I like, and fun. I had a good time! No bad customers at all, and the time flew by. My legs and feet hurt from standing all day, though. And cleaning up was frustrating because I didn't really know what to do with certain items. I was just thrown into the arena without any training. So I tidied up the best I could.

I only made one friend that day, the girl I took over for at the costumes, and she is LDS. She saw my CTR ring and there was an immediate bonding between us. I love that about our church!

4 comments:

Whitney said...

Glad you had a good first day! :)

Mrs. Sanchez said...

YAYAYAY!!! It sounds great. I can imagine you with a boa......in fact, as I recall I have SEEN you wear a boa......Cruella Devil? mmm, interesting, borderline embarrassing memories, lol.

So happy that you got a job, to make some money and just get out of the house!! Manning the costumes seems right up your alley.

Anonymous said...

you did good! keep it up - you are a naturally perky bright individual- people like you-
DAD

Anonymous said...

Do you have a Frankenstein costume for me?
Mom