Yep, I finally got a job. I applied to Party City, next to the Walmart a few blocks away from our home. When I turned in my application, the guy talked to me briefly, and I could tell he liked me. He invited me back for an official interview, and I could tell he was going to hire me. And he did.
Getting Sundays off and working with my tutoring job are not problems. The only problems are I get minimum wage and the job is temporary, because Halloween is the busiest time of year. After Halloween, they permanently hire only a few of the seasonal workers. Hopefully one of them will be me or hopefully I will find a better job by then.
I also need to go on a shopping spree, because I don't have the required clothing in my closet. Not really looking forward to it: I don't really like khaki pants, I hate sneakers, and who wears black shirts in Arizona, even in winter?
I start next Monday. Tune in again soon to hear about my first day at Party City!
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
congrats, getting a job is so tough right now. I bet they'll keep you permanently
haha, I don't know if its a shopping spree if you are buying khaki pants and a black shirt for work. But, I am sure you will find a way to make it stylish.
I was so excited when I read the announcement on Facebook!! It should be really interesting. I am sure you will knock their socks off with your maturity, work ethic and fun personality. And any job is a job!!
you are great and it can't be hidden-DAD
Post a Comment