So, I got the job to be a ballroom dance instructor at Fred Astaire Dance Studio! After only two weeks of training, Bill, the manager, wants me and the four men to start next week. We will continue with intensive training--seven hours a day--before we start teaching in a week or two.
The pay is ok now but will get better once I build up a clientele, and the studio is in North Scottsdale where all the rich people live. I will work seven hours a day Monday through Friday. I won't have to compete professionally (thank goodness!), but I will compete with my students because only they get judged. I can't wait to wear an awesome costume!
I am so excited! And complimented. Bill told me that out of the 7 girls I was the only one who was ready. In fact, out of everyone, I am probably the most ready simply because I have the most ballroom experience (all the guys were hired regardless of their skill level because they desperately need male teachers). He also said that I have a good heart and personality. For that reason, he wanted me to teach specifically at his studio: the previous female teacher got transferred because she butted heads with his top female teacher, a pro Russian dancer, and caused a lot of drama. I appreciate when employers recognize my good attitude. I always try to be cheerful. Mel (my last boss) complimented me on it. And when I was working one busy night at Baskin Robbins 3 years ago, I even got a job offer from the manager of Chili's!
I am a little overwhelmed. I have so much to learn and retain in such a little amount of time. But I am so thrilled that I get to say, "I'm a ballroom dance instructor. I dance and teach and love it!" Oh, and I need to get new shoes because my old ones are trashed from fun times at BYU!
Friday, January 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
That is so awesome! Congratulations :) It sounds like you are having a great time getting all settled in...
Congratulations gurl! You will do wonderfully!! :)
Nice Francesca! Way to put the ELang degree to good use. ;) Seriously, though, congrats! :)
thats totally awesome. To get paid to dance?? you are so lucky.
OOOHHH HURRAY! That's so exciting!! I'm quite envious to be honest. :) best of luck to you in that endeavor.
WOw. I had no idea. What an awesome experience. How is it going? I wish I could take lessons from you.
Post a Comment