I already miss BYU so much!!! It is a whole new world out here. I took some free newspapers outside the Student Union (here at ASU). The first was for the Phoenix area: restaurants, events, etc. In reality, the majority of it was ads for and job opportunities with adult entertainment. I tore out the 1 1/2 pages of real classifieds and threw the rest away. The second newspaper was the campus newspaper. I read an article about moving in and living with your significant other, passed over a sex and relationships advice column (this time it was only about picking your battles, but who knows what next!), and cringed at lingerie, bar, party, and nightclub ads. If only I had the Daily Universe instead of this crap.I was in Provo for so long that these things shock me now. I mean, I grew up in Southern California, so I am no stranger to immodesty and vulgar conversations. But I grew so used to The Bubble--as we call it--that now that I'm out in the "real world" again I can't stop getting over how even more degraded everything has become. We've seriously got to step up our missionary work!

3 comments:
You may want to try looking on Craigslist for jobs as well, that is where I have found several jobs (as well as furniture!) :)
i totally agree. Everyday I miss BYU. Your right, we really need to step up the missionary work.
I miss BYU so much too. It's seriously such a special environment, and I cried when I graduated because it hit me that I would never again be a BYU student. It's so hard to live without it!
Post a Comment