Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Moving Woes

So, 6o percent of you voted that packing is your least favorite thing about moving. I agree that it is very tedious and time consuming. And it's frustrating trying to get everything to fit in boxes. But it's not the worst. For me, it's finding a new job! I had one interview Monday to become a certified ballroom dance instructor at Fred Astaire Dance Studio (naturally, the name attracted me). The owner said he liked me and he invited me to the 8-to-10-week instruction program that starts this upcoming Monday. It's not a guarantee: there's weekly exams you have to pass to continue on. They are based on dancing skill, teaching skill, and personality. I also sent out an application yesterday for a well-paid editing job in the Curriculum Design Department at the University of Phoenix. I hope to hear back from them. In the meantime I'm still looking.

1 comment:

Mrs. Sanchez said...

GOOD LUCK on getting your jobs Cheski girl!! I am sure you are very well qualified in either field. Question is pretty much dancing the day away or keeping your nose in the books... very different occupations. I hope whatever you choose (or who chooses you first) is fulfilling to your emotional and financial needs.