Tuesday morning we packed up the truck and car and headed out, Justin and I in the car and Justin's dad driving the U-Haul truck. It was snowing. We traveled all the way to Flagstaff, AZ, and the snow gave way to desert and sun. The road trip was beautiful! I took so many pictures of the landscape, mostly red rock. We spent the night at the Holiday Inn Express and left early the next morning. We got into Mesa before 10. Our move-in date was changed to Wednesday--the day we arrived--instead of Thursday, but we couldn't move in until 3:30.
In the meantime, we got some errands done. The most exciting thing was finding our furniture. We asked a lady at Target where we should go for inexpensive furniture, and she recommended a place called Terri's Consign and Design Furnishings. It sells used, and some new, furniture. We checked it out and found a great deal: 2 green couches for $298! We also found a wooden table we liked, but it was missing a chair so it would have cost extra to buy another one. We checked out other places, but we didn't find anything better. We went back to pay for and hold the furniture. I checked out the tables again and found a better deal: a table that extends and 4 chairs for $98. The extension had a big scratch on it, but we didn't care and we bought that one instead.
Once we checked in and got our keys we moved all the boxes inside and assigned them to rooms. We didn't do much unpacking. That night Justin and I slept on our new mattress for the first time. It was wonderful! We absolutely love it!
The next day we picked up our furniture. At the store we looked around again because a truck had arrived the night before with new items. We found a large 9-drawer dresser for $198. Justin had been begging me for a dresser, but everything we found was expensive and I wanted to check out other places. But this was a great deal: it was in excellent condition, it was large, and it was reasonably priced. So we bought it. It hadn't even been on the floor 24 hours!
I can't believe that in 2 days we found all our major furniture. I thought it was going to take a while to find something we liked and could afford. It was so convenient too because we still had our U-Haul truck to transport everything. Heavenly Father is definitely looking out for us.
We spent the rest of the day unpacking. With our furniture and the kitchen all set up, it's starting to feel like home already! I even cooked the first home meal last night and we watched Iron Man while curling up on our comfy couches.
Everything with the move has gone so smoothly so far. Now if only I could find a job...
Friday, January 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
wow i didn't even realize you were finished with byu! congratulations! ..i hope you find home out there in the nice and warm state of arizona. :)
we love you 2 so much-it is an incredible journey that you have traveledthus far-college,marriage,and now more college but closer to home. we look forward to seeing you more frequently. the sunny skies of Arizona just got sunnier and brighter with the Nishimotos' arrival!
I'm kinda jealous that you are in Arizona. I would kill to have some warmth right now. I'm glad you guys made it there safely.
Post a Comment