So, today was our third Sunday in our new ward. It is very big. It consists of all the people who live in ASU family housing--3 villages--so the majority of the people are in their early thirties or younger. There are sooo many children. They have five nurseries (for children 18 months to 3 years) and two more coming later this year. Primary is a jungle. (Primary is combined Sunday school for children younger than 12. This ward has a junior Primary for 4- to 6-year-olds and a senior Primary for 7- to 12-year-olds.) And sacrament meeting is so loud because of the countless babies.Today we got called to be Primary teachers for the Sunbeams, the children who will be 4 this year and just graduated from nursery. We had seven children in our class and no lesson, preparation, knowledge, etc. It was hard enough trying to understand the kids saying their names. They were a rowdy bunch. Cute but wild.
We've made friends with another couple that I met on the first Sunday. She and her husband were recently married. I invited them over for dinner tonight, and we had a blast! They are so much fun and they are hilarious! I haven't laughed so hard in forever, and Justin was even crying. We enjoyed dinner, Balderdash, dessert, talking, and laughing. It was a great night.

2 comments:
Sunbeam teachers! Awesome! I love kids at that age even though they can be wild haha. I can't believe the Primary and how big it is!!!
Yay! You have a blog! I will add you to my list!
Ha, we teach primary too! 6 and 7 year olds. It's quite the job--I wish you luck! They can be so cute one week and monsters the next...I've never had such a frustrating calling, but it sure does make life fun!
Post a Comment