What is up with America's obsession with teeth? We act like we're horses being scrutinized by potential buyers. First it was getting them straightened with braces. Now it's getting them whitened. I've neither had braces nor whitened my teeth. And I don't wish to. I think my teeth are just fine, as uneven or yellow as they may be. And Justin thought so too. After all, it was my smile that caught his attention in the ward "menu."
Besides, what really matters is that you still have teeth and take care of them with basic dental hygeine--simple and inexpensive--for health purposes.
Tuesday, August 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
It's crazy, isn't it?? It's becoming such a huge part of our 'socially acceptable' appearance. On several occasions I have had pointed out to me by people (mostly kids) that I have one tooth yellower than the others. You know what I say? "I know, it's OK!"
i spent hundreds to whiten my teeth and it burned my mouth and was so unpleasant i gave up-DAD
I totally understand where you are coming from, but I for one, like having white teeth. It makes me feel good about my smile and i dont think there is anything wrong with that!
I agree- and it doesn't help that dental care here is super expensive!
Post a Comment