Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Little Houdini

Caden thinks he is Houdini, master magician and contortionist. Just a few examples:

*A few days ago he crawled in the small wedge between the couch and the wall and then cried when he got stuck in the middle. I had to move the couch to get him.

*In fact, he loves to squeeze between or under any tight place, such as chairs pushed in beneath the table or underneath his highchair, and insists he can fit. He is a persistent little fellow. But he has a hard time getting out of such places.

*He has figured out all my tricks. He can get out of the Bumbo, even with a cloth diaper on. He gets into the kitchen by pushing the car seat or exersaucer out of the way or climbing underneath the exersaucer. We just got a hand-me-down baby gate but haven't put it up yet (it needs to be bolted to the wall).

*He mastered a new trick on Saturday: putting the balls into the round holes on his dragon toy. He loves it!

*He discovered he can sit up in his infant bathtub. I still use it because it's easier to clean than our tub and because Caden refuses to put his head back for me to rinse his hair and then cries when the water and shampoo get in his face. But getting him to recline in the little tub is a challenge now. And he wants to stay and play; he gets mad when I take him out right away. So I guess I need to make bath time earlier so he has time to play!

3 comments:

Mrs. Sanchez said...

awww, Caden the master magician.

I think I know which dragon toy you are talking about. I like it too. Caden and I have similar taste. ;)

Miss Keesh said...

Hey so I was listening on Mormon Channel radio and discovered this link http://www.mormonmommyblogs.com/
Thought you might be interested! It seems like a pretty great place- I went to see some of the frugality blogs and it was cool!

Anonymous said...

he sounds like a stubborn guy like his Grandpa Steve-DAD