Tuesday, August 30, 2011

One

First photo after birth

My baby turned One on Sunday. On the one hand, it seems like forever ago when he was a tiny newborn. On the other hand, I can't believe his first birthday already came and went. We didn't do anything special Sunday since he is having a party on Saturday.

I love all the new developments that have come with One, but I am sad knowing babyhood is forever behind him. I already went through his clothes and toys, taking out the last of the baby things to pack away. I think Two will be harder, because then he really won't be a baby anymore. He will talk and do more things by himself and be too big to cradle in my arms.

On a lighter note, Saturday night as we were about to say prayer before scripture study, Caden folded his arms all by himself! We have never taught him that; he picked it up on his own. At first we thought it was a fluke, but he did it again! I love my baby!

On his birthday

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Happy birthday little Caden! Wow, time really flies! Oh, but the comment about not being able to cradle them...don't worry, even 10-year-olds crave a little cradle time. So you get that for a bit longer, I guess :)

Miss Keesh said...

Happy Belated Birthday Caden! You are one smart baby :)
And enjoy all your precious memories with Caden Francesca- you are such an awesome Mom

Ashley said...

Oh wow, I can't believe he is already one! That year flew by! My baby Brooke will be one in just a couple of months too, gosh where does the time go? He sure is a cutie!!!

Mrs. Sanchez said...

His hair is so long. He looks like such a little boy.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO CADEN!

Anonymous said...

I miss him so much-DAD