Monday, August 22, 2011

Bye-Bye, Naps

For the past week Caden has refused to take his second afternoon nap. He now only takes one mid-morning nap for about two hours. I'm not liking this one-nap thing. He still naps early enough in the day that he is cranky by six. I can't put him to bed that early or he will be wide awake a couple hours later and won't go back to sleep for a couple more hours, too late for me. So we keep him awake until 8 and then get him down with a little bit of crying because he's cranky. Ugh.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

I had the same situation...for about a month or so after I dropped the second nap, the morning nap moved back by about 20 minutes each day until it was an afternoon nap. Then it extended from 2 hours to 3 hours. He napped everyday for a solid three hours for about 8 months. He was done with naps completely when I switched to a toddler bed (unless we're in the car anytime after 2pm, or he's so exhausted he can't fight falling asleep in the afternoon).

Sonja said...

My kids were about 1 when the 2nd nap quit, too. and by 3, naps were history altogether. I remember being REALLY jealous of moms that told me their kids were taking a nap.

Grandma said...

I was thinking the same thing as the other two who commented. He is old enough to stop having a mid morning nap and going to just one long afternoon nap. That way he won't be so cranky at bedtime.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Grandma -DAD