Monday, May 30, 2011

Birthday Weekend

Friday was my 24th birthday. I started out the day with a run while Justin took Caden and got my car cleaned. When he got back, we took Caden to the sitter's and saw Kung Fu Panda 2 in 3D. I loved it! Even more than the first one, and I love the first one. It was also my first modern 3D movie (I don't miss the old-school 90s 3D!), and I thought the animation was beautiful. It was nice to be in a theater again. The last movie we saw was Harry Potter in December. Yeah, that's not too long ago for parents, but we used to go every week to the dollar theater before Caden was born.

lemon raspberry, red velvet, s'more, chocolate raspberry, chocolate fudge, tuxedo

Anyway, afterward we bought six gourmet cupcakes at a cake shop by the theater. I wanted to go to Sprinkles Cupcakes in Scottsdale since we were originally planning on going rock climbing in Scottsdale; however, the place didn't open until 3 p.m., which didn't work for us or the sitter, so we are now doing it for Justin's birthday since it opens earlier on Saturdays. Maybe we'll try Sprinkles then. These cupcakes weren't bad. We took a taste out of each one before choosing one to eat. Their raspberry and fudge frostings were really good. The chocolate cupcakes were a little dry though.

We hung out at home so Caden could nap and then went swimming when he woke up. It was his first time in the pool and he loved it! I wasn't surprised since he loves bath time so much. He looked so cute in his swim outfit. The water was cold but he didn't complain. He splashed and splashed. We threw him up the air and bounced in the water. He didn't mind when water got on his face. We all had a lot of fun.


We were tired so we stayed home for dinner, watched part of Ever After, and went to bed shortly after Caden did. Earlier, Justin presented me with two other requested gifts: a love letter (overdue from Valentine's Day) and new markers. The love letter was my favorite. I also got a cute card from my friend Kaitlyn and lovely flowers from my friend Francine. It was a really good birthday.


Saturday evening we went out for my birthday dinner to Buca di Beppo, an Italian restaurant (with bizarre decor). The food was delicious! We've been trying to find a new Italian place, and although it's not our favorite, we will definitely go back. I told the waiter it was my birthday and he offered me a free dessert and being sung to. I told him no dessert, just the singing. So after the meal, he brought out a lit candle on a large silver candlestick so I could blow it out after the song. Very creative!

Once home we had more cupcakes and finished Ever After. Sunday we had the restaurant leftovers and the rest of the cupcakes. It was a really great birthday weekend. (More photos coming from Justin's phone.)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy birthday! Sounds like you had a great time!

Anonymous said...

glad that you had love and fun and joy-DAD

Lissy said...

Sorry I missed wishing you a happy birthday! Sounds like you had a good one! Happy Wednesday! :)

Mrs. Sanchez said...

YAY! It sounds like your Birthday was great. I love that you wanted to be sung to, but did not want dessert. That is so perfectly you!

Mrs. Sanchez said...

YAY! It sounds like your Birthday was great. I love that you wanted to be sung to, but did not want dessert. That is so perfectly you!