Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Trip to Wisconsin

Wow, I hate when I'm behind in blogging, especially when I have important stuff to write about. Here goes my attempt to catch up:

In mid-October we went to Wisconsin for Justin's brother's (Adam's) wedding. We had debated whether or not to go because of finances and Caden, who was less than two months old at the time. Although we are now paying for it financially, I do not regret going.

Caden traveled really well. He fell asleep on all the flights and was quiet for the brief time he was awake. He also slept almost the whole car trips to Nauvoo and back, only waking up for feedings. I had to pump in the car a few times (the rental had an outlet!) and even fed him a couple times while driving. Bad mom, I know.


The night before the wedding our family and the bride's family had dinner in Nauvoo. Justin and I met our new sister-in-law, Kirsten, for the first time. She loved Caden! The next morning we witnessed the wedding in the Nauvoo Temple, performed by the bride's grandpa. We left right away for home afterward because Justin's sister Jessica was sick.



Friday, Justin and I went on a date. I gave in to Justin's request to see the Packers Hall of Fame and admit I had a good time. We got sushi afterward.

The reception was Saturday at the golf course Adam works at. The same band played that played at our WI reception, but the singer was different, and more fun, I think. Of course, I danced as much as I could, which wasn't a lot considering most of the music was polka or really hick stuff. Caden was passed around and surprisingly fell asleep through the booming music and noise.

Sunday was my first time back at church, but we only made it to sacrament meeting. Later that day, Justin's Aunty Linn threw me my third baby shower. Great turnout and lots of gifts. Man, Caden is loved! Monday the whole family went out to dinner at the family favorite, Koreana, and Tuesday we went home. We had a great time and was glad the whole family got to meet Caden.


Funny story: Justin was telling his Aunt Erin how stinky Caden is. She said breastfed babies usually don't stink badly and smell on the sweeter side and asked to smell his diaper. Justin put Caden's bum near her face, and right on cue, Caden farted! I didn't get to see it happen, but I can imagine how innocent Caden's face must have looked.

3 comments:

Brenden+Nikki said...

ha ha that diaper story is HILARIOUS!

Lissy said...

Sounds like a trip not to be passed up! I would love to go to the Nauvoo temple. That picture of Caden is so cute!

Unknown said...

Well, I keep thinking this and now I just have to say it.... your little Caden is the most adorable baby I have ever seen! I wish I could meet him :)