![]() |
| Four generations |
Sunday I dressed Caden in an outfit that was Justin's when he was a baby. We met the rest of the family (except Justin's grandma, who stayed with us) at church and took up two rows. Justin, his dad, his brother, my dad, my brother, and the bishop blessed Caden. We had also asked our home teacher, but he was attending to his own newborn son.
In the blessing, besides the usual remarks about a mission and marriage and the like, Justin said Caden would grow close to the Spirit and be an example to his family and others. It was a simple prayer with many blessings I hope come to fruition. Caden was great during the blessing, an answer to my prayers.
It was also fast Sunday, and all my family, including myself but excluding my mother, bore their testimonies. It was cute to see the younger ones go up there and help each other out. Neither Justin nor anyone in his family felt compelled to go up.
We left after sacrament meeting because my family had to leave early and we wanted to eat together before then. We took a million pictures outside the church. Caden was such a trooper but finally had enough and we went home. I made a pasta salad and Rocio made cupcakes and we all chilled until my family left and then the Lyles family left. Justin's family stayed for a couple more days.
It was a crazy weekend but very wonderful and fulfilling having everyone there. I enjoyed playing hostess too. Caden missed all the attention once everyone was gone and cried because he wasn't being held all day anymore.



2 comments:
Ah! After we got home from Christmas Scarlett did the same thing. She was SO used to being tickled, picked up, carted around, and played with. I swear they go through attention withdrawals!
p.s. Justin looks like a giant in this picture! lol
What great photos! Caden is adorable and you look SO good! Wish I looked like you. :) Sounds like good family times.
Post a Comment