 |
| Already learning how to drive. |
Caden is four months old already. At his appointment last week he was 13 1/2 lbs. and 24 inches long. His pediatrician says he has amazing core strength and head and trunk control. She absolutely loves him. Who doesn't? He got more immunizations (only 2 shots this time, I insisted) and did much better than last time. The oral one he took no problem; he's a good medicine taker, unlike me. The first shot he cried. The second shot he wailed. But he was comforted soon thereafter and fell asleep on the way home. No fever this time, just a little fussiness and lots of naps.
 |
| My little bugaboo in his Bumbo |
A couple weeks ago he discovered squealing and loves to do it all the time, whether or not he is actually upset. He still sucks on his fingers 24/7 and discovered his right hand. He just stares at it while slowly half-closing it. It's kinda funny watching him. He also sucks on his blanket. He's in the grab-everything and stick-things-in-my-mouth stages. He took a pacifier occasionally and briefly for a few days, but now is back to spitting it out immediately. On Wednesday he rolled from his tummy to his back and now does it every time I put him on his tummy. He's partially rolled before but on uneven surfaces, like the couch, that helped him. This time it was on the floor. He's close to rolling from his back to his tummy; his arm just gets in the way. He tries to sit up on his own too. He's added "Popcorn Popping" and "Five Little Monkeys" to his list of favorite songs. I'm trying to teach him the signs for
milk and
change diaper. I'm also starting infant "potty training" with him, and this morning he pooed in his tiny potty chair. We're still working on sleeping (thanks for all the advice!), and I've realized it's our fault because we've never been consistent with him. Poor little guy. Once that hurdle is gone, things will be a lot better for all of us.
3 comments:
Love reading these updates. I don't know the song, "popcorn popping." So I can be taught when I come visit. :)
I also haven't heard of infant potty training. BUT, I will research it now, one of the benefits of having friends have babies before you. I think he is probably a good candidate since he has shown signs of discomfort with a wet diaper since birth ???
Anyways, he's looking adorable in that Bumbo. *MWAH*
I can't believe how big he's getting! He's adorable :)
i will always love his smile and cute dimples and love his parents -DAD
Post a Comment