Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mommy Day

For Mother's Day, Justin cooked lunch and dinner (no breakfast in bed since we have 8 a.m. church). I didn't ask for anything special; it was just nice not to have to do anything! At church, they gave us a booklet of a talk on motherhood by Elder Packer. Justin showed his deacons how to make origami flowers for their moms. After church, we napped, played Yahtzee, talked about the baby and labor, and watched The Testaments.

Justin got me a funny card: a couple in a Chinese restaurant reading their fortune cookies. The man's says, "You are a lucky man." The woman's says, "You are married to a lucky man." Loved it! haha. He also got me a pie. Recently we were talking about pies, and I mentioned how much I love cherry pie. I wasn't even dropping a hint or anything, but he remembered it and got me a cherry pie from Village Inn. Unfortunately, it was incorrectly labeled and ended up being strawberry rhubarb pie. Fortunately, it was still very yummy! Besides, it's the thought that counts, and it meant a lot that Justin listened to me and remembered something I like.

3 comments:

Mrs. Sanchez said...

It sounds absolutely wonderful. Not to mention you look stunning in that picture.

I must say Justin is multi-talented. How does he know how to make origami flowers, how neat. And good job to him for remembering what you liked.

Lissy said...

You look so cute! Glad you had a great first mother's day being a mom. Sounds like you have a very nice husband!

Reese said...

Hey will he show us how to do some of that? My 4th grade teacher did a lot of that, I loved it. When we got married she made a man and a woman out of 4 five dollar bills. So cool. Special day.